As we wrap-up our training year and Stand Down for the summer, on behalf of the officers, staff, and Parents Committee of 3125 RCACC, "THANK YOU" for all the efforts and support you have given during this past year.
Below are some information on summer training, summer events & opportunities, and key dates for the Fall when we will begin Training Year 2018-2019.
Monday, 18 June 2018 (6:30pm) will be our last evening of cadets before we stand down for the summer. Cadets are to arrive in civilian clothing and assist the staff in storing away our office and supply area. For those cadets attending the various Cadet Training Centre (CTC), I encourage you to inspect your uniform and make requests of exchange if you require any.
- Do the "hug test". Give yourself a hug in your tunic, if it is too tight to do this comfortably ... You should get a larger tunic.
- If you were to sit down, will your poker dots socks be visible for all to see? (Do not wear poker dots socks with your uniform)
- Can you do up the top button of your shirt without being choked?
Parents are all invited to attend The Parents Committee AGM (18 June 2018). Topics of discussions will be bettering communication, reviewing Committee By-Laws, ideas for future fundraising, and upcoming casino event.
The 2018 Summer Training season is just around the corner, Regional Cadets Support Unit (RCSU) movements team will automatically arrange travel from/to the cadets' home city. If you have the slightest intention to drop off / pick up your cadet (this includes signing them in/out on weekends), the Parental Pick Up (PPU) form needs to be filled out prior as soon as possible. You may send this form directly to: "NorthwestTransport@forces.gc.ca" and Cc "3125Army@cadets.gc.ca" Last min decision may result in parents/guardians absorbing travel cost sustained by RCSU movements.
Here are links to various CTC facebook pages for your reference. Some had already uploaded this year's Joining Instructions (JI)
Albert Head, HMCS Quadra, Comox, Vernon, Rocky Mountain, Cold Lake, Whitehorse, Gimli, CTC AATC Canadore, Trenton, Connaught, HMCS Ontario and Cadets de St-Jean.
The Calgary Stampede has once again requested Cadet participation in the Parade this year. 120 Cadets (35 cadets from each elements and 15 Navy League Cadets) will act as Pacers. This is a 2 part event (see poster attached). If interested, please advise Capt Fong NLT Friday, 22 June 2018.
- On Thursday 5 July 2018 there is a BBQ for all participants from 1700-2000 wherein final details/discussion will occur on how the parade will unfold, including Cadet duties as Pacers
- On Friday 6 July 2018 breakfast will start at 0600, and Pacers need to be in place NLT 0715 hrs. The end timing for this activity is 1300 hrs.
Stampede BBQ and Parade 2018 - Info Poster with...
Applications for the 2018 National Expedition are now open until 22 June 2018, please let Capt Fong know ASAP. This expedition will be conducted from the 20th of August to the 4th of September at Mount Columbia, Alberta. Activities will include mountain biking and mountaineering.
There will be 4 cadets selected from Northwest.
- Gold star qualified;
- Minimum 16 years old by 20 Aug 18;
- Must have completed gold star expeditions;
- Must have completed a regional expedition;
- Minimum silver fitness;
- No medical limitations;
- Possesses an exemplary cadet service record;
- Have consent from parents/guardians; and
- Be recommended by the unit Commanding Officer.
First community event of 2018-2019 Training Year : Chestermere Country Fair - Saturday, 8 September 2018 (Details will be published closer to date)
First training night back: Monday, 10 September 2018
Chestermere Fall Energizer (recruiting event): Wednesday, 12 September 2018
Battle Field Tour (Spring 2019) is in planning - If finalized, cadet will be required to pay a deposit of approx $500 (more details in the Fall).
Finally, one of our supporting Royal Canadian Legion, TVS Branch 52, is having their Casino Event on 27 & 28 Aug at Casino Calgary.
They are seeking volunteers to help, if interested/able please contact Dawn Adam at email@example.com
If there are any questions, stories, or achievements during the summer, please do not hesitate to contact us via any of our platforms.
Captain Ada Fong
3125 Calgary Highlanders Cadet Corps
Canadian Armed Forces
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 403-608-0055