The announcement was made to the cadets tonight, we had received official approval to return to In-Person activities. I wish to THANK YOU all for your patience with the new training year.
We will return to in-person next Tuesday!!
27th October 2020 @ 19:00 hrs (7 pm)
Order of Dress: FTU (appropriate civilian attire)
To ensure a safe return for all and that appropriate safety protocols are in place, the following new procedures will take effect:
1) In-person attendance is not mandatory to participate in the cadet program. If not attending in person, cadets can make alternate arrangements with the training staff to satisfy the requirements to succeed in their star level.
2) Until we receive our corps allotment of masks and issue them to cadets, all personnel MUST bring their own. Wearing a mask while in cadet is mandatory!!
3) At the beginning of each night, all personnel will need to Check-In with the Covid Safety (Duty) Officer @ The Chapel (smaller building behind the main building). Attendance and Covid Questionnaire will be taken.
• Please Stay at Home ...
o If you are not feeling well;
o If you are required to be tested (or pending test results) for Covid-19, you must notify us of the situation.
o If you have been around someone who has tested positive for Covid 19, you must notify us of the situation.
o If you have been out of the Province and/or Country and been home less than 14 days, please self isolate.
4) There will be NO ACCESS to Supply without an appointment.
• Required for Initial Kit Out / Uniform Exchange / Return
• MUST be made in advance with the Supply Officer via email 3125Supply@gmail.com
• Please take the measurement of your son/daughter (cadet) PRIOR to your appointment using the attached guideline & form.
• There will be no 'lenders' for the evening. If your cadet forgot an uniform item, he/she will proceed with the activity without it.
• Uniform items will be kept in a sealed garbage bag for 72 Hrs. prior to issue and/or post return.
5) If not already done so, the Annual Validation (Detailed Health Questionnaire if provided) and Covid Awareness Test is required prior to your son/daughter (cadet) return. THANK YOU for all the cadets/parents who had already returned the required documents. On the FIRST NIGHT - We ask that ONE PARENT joins the cadet at check-in, to complete any required documents.
6) Going forward, we will ask that parents DO NOT leave the site until your son/daughter (cadet) has checked-in and is cleared to stay for the evening - ONLY cadets, staff, and individuals with appointments are allowed into the facility during training hours.
• The Covid Awareness Test can be accessed via the external CCO Net > Create a Login > under Civilian Volunteers tab will be the course and test.
• Attached is also the Cadet Junior Canadian Rangers - Covid Aide Memoire for your reference
• Unfortunately, this year, cadets will not participate in the Royal Canadian Legion's Poppy Campaign.
• If cadets are to attend a Remembrance service, if any, they are NOT permitted to be in uniform, this includes school and/or community events.
The health and safety of our cadets and staff remain to be our top priority. We starve to deliver an interactive and engaging program to the best of our ability. Our organization continues to monitor the situation, under the direction of The Department of National Defence and guidelines of Alberta Health Services, we will retain open communication as we proceed with the training year.
Please connect with us if you have any questions, and on behalf of the staff of 3125 RCACC, I look forward to reconnecting with all new & returning cadets.
Captain Ada Fong, CD
3125 (Calgary Highlanders) Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps
Canadian Armed Forces
3125 (Calgary Highlander) Corps de Cadets Royaux de l’armée Canadienne
Forces Armées Canadiennes